Enjoy Your Stay
Our goal is to make your vacation to the beautiful Outer Banks the best possible experience for you and your party. Whether you’re staying with your family, your partner, or by yourself, Shutters on the Banks has all the amenities you need to enjoy a wonderful Outer Banks vacation or productive business trip:
All our rooms offer free internet access and free local telephone calls.
There’s plenty of parking at Shutters. We supply parking passes so guests always have a spot to park.
All our rooms feature mini-refrigerators to keep your beverages cold. There’s also a microwave in every room so you can heat up a quick snack.
Every room has a coffee maker and supplies: coffee, cups, filters, creamers and sweetener.
Full Kitchen Efficiencies
Our Efficiency rooms feature a full size fridge, oven, microwave, sink & 4 seat table.
Flat Screen TV
Enjoy cable with free HBO on the flat screen television featured in every room.
You’ll find AM-FM clock radios, hair dryers, bar soap, shampoo & conditioner in each room.
2 Pools & a Jacuzzi
Take a dip in our heated indoor saltwater pool & jacuzzi or relax by the outdoor saltwater pool.
Free Continental Breakfast
Enjoy a free breakfast every day of the week from 7am to 10am.
Soak in the fantastic ocean view from our dune-top gazebo. Perfect for watching the sunrise!
Dairy Queen Discounts
Flash your room key for 10% off at the Kill Devil Hills DQ location.
Shutters offers a full-service lobby with free internet access and work area.
No Pets Allowed
We love our pets and understand that many of our guests do too, but in deference to our other guests, pets are not allowed at Shutters on the Banks. Service animals are welcome.
Shutters on the Banks is a no smoking property. This means there is no smoking inside our rooms or on the balcony.
For Your Accessibility Needs
We offer guestrooms, amenities, and other features tailored to make our guests with disabilities, as well as friends and family who accompany them, more comfortable. Our experienced reservations team is prepared to assist you in choosing a room that best meets your specific needs. Please call us at 252-441-5581 or send us an email at [email protected] and we will work to accommodate your needs.
The Following Features Are:
- Two queen beds in our Main Building Parking lot/Pool View Rooms
- Mobility Accessible rooms
- Wheelchair accessible lobby/registration, breakfast room areas
- Wheelchair Accessible route from lobby/registration/breakfast areas to guestrooms
- Lowered closet bars and shelving
- Low bed height of 27”
- Doorways provide 32″ of clear width
- Accessible height door viewers
- Wide doorways
- Power chair space
- Lever style door handles
- Accessible light switches, controls, and power outlets
- Television closed captioning
- Visual notification devices for door and phone (upon request)
- Communication kits available with TTY machine, strobe light, & visual door knocker (upon request)
- Roll-in shower
- Shower chair
- Bathroom grab rails
- Adjustable height handheld shower wand
- Accessible bathroom vanity
- Title II and Title III recognized ADA service animals are welcomed in all areas of the hotel
- Pool wheelchair accessible and indoor pool with lift
- Handicap parking spaces
- Boardwalk to beach wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair ramp to guest laundry
- Fitness Room accessible
Have any Questions?
We’re Here To Help Anytime Day or Night
Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received 72 hours prior to the arrival date. Cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will be charged for one full night.